Monday, March 26, 2007

Let's hatch!

Missed the 1st class in Leviticus, I attended the 2nd class yesterday afternoon. At first I worried I would be too tired to hold myself in good shape all through the class (I slept for only 4 hours the night before), or if I need to read beforehand any chapters to catch up with the progress, but actually I didn't need to, and the fact is, that 2+ hours flied away quickly and I believed all of us who attended had a good grasp of the offerings in Leviticus 2 and 3.

What are we offering by Dale Wicks

Offering witnesses our belief. Offering is a privilege. Offering reveals God mercy on us. Offering even creates an occasion for us to nurture our kids' faith in the Lord!

I thank God for leaving the class with my soul and brain full.

Today I came across C S Lewis' famous quote:

"You cannot go on being a good egg forever. You must either hatch or rot."

Indeed, if we think our days in Christ could wait, or we first seek to satisfy our worldly desires and delaying our pursuit of spiritual growth, we'll just get rotten. Let's hatch!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 3/27/2007 04:49:00 AM, Blogger big_head said...

Who's teaching Leviticus?

 
At 3/27/2007 01:32:00 PM, Blogger ablogaday said...

是現任「中神」延伸部主任梁國權先生。網上有不少他的講道錄音。在YCC,受弟兄姊妹歡迎的講員還有司徒孫同芬和在香港神學院任教的張祥志和趙崇明。

見府上的文章也加上一些圖片,真的可以提高閱讀的興趣呢!

 
At 3/28/2007 01:31:00 AM, Blogger big_head said...

thanks to your referral of Dale Wicks' works. i want to use more but don't know enough resource.

 
At 3/28/2007 10:22:00 AM, Blogger ablogaday said...

No special trick here: Just do a simple keyword search with Google Image Search and pick the one you like. Dale Wicks' work is what I get when I searched for "offering".

 
At 3/28/2007 03:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"在YCC,受弟兄姊妹歡迎的講員還有司徒孫同芬和在香港神學院任教的張祥志." Agree with it much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home