Thursday, August 17, 2006

I love YCC

Just came across an old email I wrote to a brother-in-Christ years ago. I explained to him why and how I learned to love my church. With some minimal editing now I'd like to share it with you. This could serve as a sequel to a blog I wrote in April:

I grew up here since 1983. I spent the best years of my life here. I get to know my wife here. The Lord even gave me 2 beautiful daughters! I can never imagine I have a home like this. With so many years practising the 1/10 tithing, I also offered much of my wealth here. I also devoted my most competent years here. I don't mean I did enough, but after all these years I learned to love my church so much that I won't see I can separate from it and switch to another church for any reason, like many people did. There'll definitely be ups and downs in our spiritual life, but no reason will ever justify us leaving our spiritual home where we grew up. Now I can get a glimpse of why those elderly brothers and sisters can stay in the same church for so long, and also appreciate their persistence.

Thanks God for giving me somewhere to belong to.

自己返教會這麼多年所見過最「墟嵌」的一天要算去年聖誕,彈丸之地居然來了超過170人,真的「插針唔落」!不知要到甚麼時候才能使坐在這裡的都變成「自己人」?

那天晚上我最大的成就不是主領了唱詩時間,也不是有份籌備的這個聚會成功叫座,而是幫坐在前排右二的這位「龍少爺」決志信主,眾人都戥他歡喜快樂的笑瞼叫我能想像天上歡呼的情境。父啊!雖然我沒份兒替他做初信栽培,也願這位弟兄的屬靈生命能繼續茁莊成長,最好能「自己搵食」;更願我能在自己的教會看見更多這種情境。阿們!

If I can only make one prayer for my church. This may be the one.

這天收到教會來的電郵,圖中一位姊妹的母親安息主懷。Sister-in-Christ, may the Lord comfort you and your family, especially your dad. May His peace and grace is never lacking in this difficult moment of yours. YCC和團契弟兄姊妹的心都是跟妳連成一線的!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8/19/2006 11:11:00 AM, Blogger Camustudent said...

奇怪奇怪,未睇你篇blog前望住幅相,第一個注視既就係果位「龍少爺」,雖然現在只是八月,但我已極期待今年的聖誕怖導會。

 
At 8/23/2006 12:16:00 PM, Blogger ablogaday said...

我就話因為佢靚仔勒!如果唔係點解咁多靚女爭住同佢影相?(我都唔知幾恨!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home