Thursday, April 27, 2006

Guided Writing

My elder daughter is studying P.2. She'll be 8 by the end of next month -- time flies! Last night she did a homework called Guided Writing as follows (the brown italics are what she wrote):

The story of a dog and a cat

Look at the pictures carefully. Write about each picture. The following words and phrases may help you.

(1) The cat is hungry, it eats the dog's biscuits. The dog is angry, it barks at the cat.

(2) The dog runs after the cat, the cat is afraid, it runs away. The cat is tired about all of this run. Finally, the cat comes to the dog's house.

(3) The cat is still hungry and tired, and the dog is full and happy. The cat said, "I wish I am a dog."

(4) The dog hears what the cat said, it thinks "I should not be so selfish." And the dog turns to the cat and gives the biscuits to the cat, and the cat says thank you. The dog and the cat become friends.

-----
All through the writing, she refused to let me read or help, only occasionally asked me how to spell a few words, until she finished her composition. Tell you what: My wife and I are so proud of her.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 12:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive

 
At 4/28/2006 12:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

我諗......我讀中一既時候都未必寫得好過kk,唔單止grammatically冇錯,係連creative, logic都有埋......如此可/好教,實在值得感恩。

下次我唔識寫英文,可以考慮問?kk......^.^

 
At 4/28/2006 02:07:00 AM, Blogger ablogaday said...

I recalled when she was still in her mother's womb, my wife and I kept on praying that she'll be a 容易湊的 baby. Now that the faithfulness of my God really exceeded our expectation -- not only she is 容易湊, she needs only minimal urge, worry or care from us whenever coming to study. Now every time she made me a proud dad, I thank God for His faithfulness and extra grace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home