Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Spiritually lame

OK, my last post is on the 1st of this month, and this is to stop me from breaking my own record for keeping silent.

My spirit has been lame all through the month. Lame, inert, but not depressed I guess. Not to mention I find no strength or motivation to blog about anything (I can't believe I missed to blog about HH's 10th birthday although I started a draft), I find no strength to pray for anything, anybody, or even myself. Not sure if it is some kind of burn-out, I also felt discouraged about not able to accomplish some scheduled tasks: meeting someones, praying for somebody, meeting some deadlines... I don't usually feel the need to travel just for travel's sake although I already accumulated more than 30 days' leave, but I thought about it this month, and seriously considering. That's unusual for me.

The only thing impressed me most this month was seeing the 2009 Oscar Best Foreign Language Film of the Year Departures (禮儀師の奏鳴曲). Such a superb film, it filled my eyes with tears, and I feel bad about not able to visit my parents immediately, but it empowers me to love more.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 7/30/2009 09:50:00 PM, Anonymous Uncle 2 said...

Hi Ching,

Oh I watched the same movie too... that was a few months ago already. That is a serious production of a good story, very touching. I had the same feeling as you about our parents after I watched it. Do try your best to visit them. I found out it may be easier to go if I just go myself without the family.... not perfect but allow me to go much more often ....

 
At 7/31/2009 12:44:00 AM, Blogger big_head said...

Hm... no wonder it's been quiet ...

re-vive

again - viva (i.e.: to live)

 
At 7/31/2009 08:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be rest in God and his yoke is easy!
Add oil! Pray for you!

 
At 7/31/2009 11:47:00 PM, Blogger ablogaday said...

Thanks everyone for comforting. I just finished my last task for July this evening. Hopefully things will get better in August.

 
At 8/03/2009 10:29:00 PM, Blogger Ray said...

Oh... I hope you will get better soon.

Bring your kids to see Pixar's "Up" if you haven't seen it. An excellent 3D animation film with... a fabulous and meaningful story!

 
At 8/04/2009 11:47:00 AM, Blogger ablogaday said...

Uncle 2, I took your advice and visited Mom and Dad and had lunch with them finally.

Ray, thanks! Yes I will bring my kids, probably my wife too (she was impressed by the colorful balloons), to watch the movie. Hey, your photos got better and better! Please send hi-res (1680 pixel wide) of DSC1787, DSC1792, DSC1755, DSC1389, DSC1392, and DSC1039 for my wallpapers (please keep the RS+ logo on the photos). It's a joy just by looking at them.

 
At 8/07/2009 01:20:00 AM, Blogger Ray said...

Wallpaper has sent already. Thanks for your appreciation!

 
At 8/07/2009 01:01:00 PM, Blogger ablogaday said...

Thanks a lot, Ray!

Since I use my 42" plasma as the monitor for my Mac Mini. Your photos look great on it!

 
At 8/30/2009 02:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ching,
«禮儀師の奏鳴曲»的確是近期少有的感人電影故事,但對在生父母的孝道,卻沒有著重的描述,似乎失落了為人子女重要的章節,令人遺憾!

有時在沒有動力之餘,欣賞一些有益的讀物,可令自己回復寂靜心靈,塡寫一些重要人生的章節。

最近看過一本關於孝道的書,書名是«和媽媽一起度過的900天旅行»。故事描述一個74歲老人,踏著三輪車帶著99歲母親,由東北沿路南下至海南島周遊全國的真實故事。

文章起始是這樣的:

⎡媽,想不想去看看外面的世界?⎦

⎡外面的世界?怎麼看?⎦

⎡我用三輪車載著您啊。⎦

⎡去哪兒啊?⎦

⎡沒決定去哪兒。想去哪兒就哪兒吧。⎦

⎡什麼時候?⎦

⎡也沒決定。那就得看您了。⎦

⎡好,走吧。本來我就有那個想法,死之前出去看看外面世界。可是......你也老了,踩得動三輪車嗎?⎦......


(故事發展到在路途中,有這樣的片段)

......一邊欣賞著無邊無際的鄉村風景。駝背的母親撫摸著路邊的花草,久久地聞著花香。

⎡兒子啊,過來聞聞這花。真香!⎦

我湊到母親跟前,學著母親的樣子,把鼻子深深地埋進花叢裡。聞著聞著,突然聞到了母親的味道,這是我從小最喜歡的味道,是我在外流浪時最渴望的味道,心裡一陣翻騰。正如喜悅與悲傷同在,流逝的歲月和未來的日子交織在一起,香氣一直滲進了我的心底。

(在完成了旅程後)

以感恩的心來接受自己命運的母親,在她生命的最後一刻還在用自己的行動教導我:與其抱怨命運,不如考慮如何接受命運的人生哲理。一個大字不識的母親,她的教誨卻總是那麼深刻,一直到最後的那一刻。


(然而,有一些看法,是直得深思的...在途上,有很多人硬要把金錢塞進倆母子手裡,以示支持...)

⎡媽,您不喜歡錢嗎?⎦

⎡已經收到閰王帖子的老人還有地方花錢嗎?⎦... ⎡錢跟著人才行,人要是跟著錢跑是不可以的。光著身子來的就該光著身子走,人好像都不懂得這個道理。⎦


一個真誠純樸的動人故事,比«禮儀師の奏鳴曲»更為感人、真實及有迫切性,值得推介。



Franky

 
At 8/31/2009 11:59:00 AM, Blogger ablogaday said...

謝謝Franky的分享!

抱歉王一民和俞賢民合著這本動人心弦的書我沒有看過,所以我無法判斷。但用整本書來集中描寫孝道這個主題,自然將《禮儀師の奏鳴曲》比下去。喜歡專注和深刻,或許這是個人取向的問題吧!

我喜歡《禮儀師の奏鳴曲》的多重內容:它描寫的不單是子向父那種「子欲養而親不在」的歉疚,還有父向他已離世的女兒的不捨。當然,對禮儀師專業的尊重也是本片不可忽略的主線:一種被人看為厭惡性的行業,由起初主角大悟對自己選擇這行業的懷疑和爭扎、到他開始喜愛這份職業卻遭太太用婚姻逼使他放棄、到太太自己大聲告訴人:「外子是禮儀師!」導演的描寫和推演實在細膩!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home