Thursday, June 18, 2009

A big day for iPhone users

This is definitely a big day for iPhone users like me: The release of iPhone OS 3!

My habit of upgrading to something new would be to first wait to read some user reviews on the net and see if it is bug-free. But as an iPhone user, who could not be tempted by features like cut, copy and paste, MMS, Spotlight search...

Well, upgraded and so far so good! Thanks to Apple. The cut, copy and paste function is superbly implemented, really easy to use. The Find-my-phone feature works great! If I lost my phone somewhere, I can login to MobileMe with any computer and send a message to pop-up on my iPhone screen -- complete with an alert sound even when my phone is in silent model! If I were a spy and wanted no one to peek into my national secrets in my phone, I could wipe away all my data on the phone by restoring it to factory settings, all remotely done!

Well, there's always pros and cons. What doesn't live up to my expectations are: (1) only 2 more pages are added -- still not enough for me! (2) still no sync for to-do list in iCal; (3) now my iPhone feels a bit slow with the new OS.

Well, anyway, I still love my iPhone.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6/20/2009 05:30:00 AM, Blogger big_head said...

It was madness.

Well, I exaggerate ... or not. I passed by the Apple retail shop in Pasadena 2 hours ago. There was a line of people waiting to pick up their iPhones they'd ordered online. What's more interesting is that the end of the queue, someone was serving these people drinks. I wonder if it's a free treat for all these iPhone upgraders.

 
At 6/21/2009 02:09:00 AM, Blogger ablogaday said...

Learning from last July when the last model was introduced, I'm sure HK will have the same scenarios when this new model arrives. But I'm quite sure one thing will be different: I don't think we'll see people in the queue served with drinks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home