Friday, October 22, 2010

Comfort from God (through Spurgeon)

I think God knows that I need some comfort from him since last night, so when I read Spurgeon's Daily Help on my iPhone as usual this morning, the passage does lift my heart:
"Why go I mourning?" Psalm 42:9
Canst thou answer this, believer? Canst thou find any reason why thou art so often mourning instead of rejoicing? Why yield to gloomy anticipations? Who told thee that the night would never end in day? Who told thee that the winter of thy discontent would proceed from frost to frost, from snow to ice, and hail, to deeper snow, and yet more heavy tempest of despair? Knowest thou not that day follows night, that flood comes after ebb, that spring and summer succeed to winter? Hope thou then! Hope thou ever! for God fails thee not.

Thank you, my dear Lord! Thou art worthy my praise!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10/26/2010 03:32:00 PM, Blogger big_head said...

What's wrong?

 
At 10/28/2010 02:44:00 AM, Blogger ablogaday said...

沒甚麼,這裡不好說。況且我只想表達對神給我安慰的感恩,That's the point。

Thanks for asking!

 
At 10/28/2010 05:16:00 AM, Blogger big_head said...

嗯,知道了。

 

Post a Comment

<< Home