Wednesday, August 10, 2005

To be (away) or not to be...

You could never imagine how kids can change your life.

Since my wife and I became parents, one serious headache we encountered so often is that we don't know where to go after work. This evening is one of those evenings.

Every parent knows being a parent of those hyper-active kids could get you exhausted easily -- they take turn in coming to you! My wife and I often think of escaping from them by delaying going back home after work...
Movie? There's seldom any good movie worth seeing in the cinema in these days -- better wait for the DVDs.
Shopping? Gotta stop spending aimlessly since you got 4 mouths to feed now.
Dining? Spent thousands a month for a maid at home, you won't let her hanging around doing nothing -- why not eat the dinner she cook and save that hundred+ bucks?

So it often ended up we just take a little walk and then back home to have dinner...

What about taking a short trip out of town, just the 2 of us? But often after second thoughts and minutes of discussion, we'd admit that we'll miss the kids -- we can't afford not seeing them for even 2 days! Afterall, they're cute, they go crazy after you, just watching them talking to each other is fun! Where else do you want to go?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8/11/2005 01:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a very common question in everybody brain. From my point of view, My wife and I can't leave my kid lonely when he/she is just teenager. We can't be away with any reason because I have my responsibility to take care of him/her. Of course, everyday doing the same life style, you will find very boring. So, we need to do something is different from our old style. Like, every night you need to cook rice, you can change to cook noodle or go out to have dinner with your kids.That little changing will give you relaxing from a busy day. Conclusion, it is very subjective based on your aptitude to be (away) or not to be.......

 
At 8/11/2005 03:09:00 PM, Blogger ablogaday said...

謝謝「不留名」閣下的comment和建議!

I think "the same lifestyle" or boredom is only part of the problem. Of course running away from my kids implies that I need to refresh my routine, but that refreshing is actually for the physical tiredness caused by the kids. For me to be with them is actually sweet and fun, as I said, and it seems that this fun gradually became more interesting than hanging around outside for cinema, shopping or dining with different cuisines -- this makes me nowhere to go. Of course I still have DVDs, hi-fi, computer, internet, blogs and books at home... but you just can't lock yourself in your room for these things, or can't actually enjoy them when they're running around next to you, can you? Imagine they jump around on the sofa when you're listening to Bach or Chopin, or they keep on asking you questions when you're watching your favorite DVD... <8-)

 
At 8/16/2005 09:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

阿晶、Lulu,人就是這麼矛盾,不過我倒也同意你們倆人是需要有二人世界的時間,或者找一次安排兩位千金去參加一些營會(三天兩夜),讓他們可以體驗生活之餘,也讓你們倆有返二人相處的空間。

怎樣?我的建意如何?^^

 
At 8/16/2005 11:56:00 AM, Blogger ablogaday said...

「不留名」小姐,謝謝妳的建議,我也這樣想過,可惜這個暑假找不到適合的。況且我自己又有一個矛盾的想法:我那忍得不見她們這麼多天呀!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home