Saturday, August 06, 2005

There is still someone like this...

I met this brother-in-Christ, he told me that he only works 2-3 days a week, and then spending the rest of the week studying the Bible. I asked if he earned enough for a living. He said yes and of course I do agree that we actually doesn't need too much to live. But his answer astonished me -- he said he wants to live by faith, faith in the Lord. He even quoted Jesus' promise, "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33) He tells people about Jesus in his work, and he believes God will take care of him.

So there is still someone like this, practically living by faith. While many may think this man will not have too much material life to enjoy, I believe he truly have an abundant life, as promised by Jesus (John 10:10). And I think there should be many someones like him. Praise the Lord!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home